Start Your Cruise on a Right foot. Check In can be a Great Experience.
Step no.2 – Check in Procedure – Check in possibilities (locations)
You can embark the gulet in 3 different ways:
a) Gulet can be waiting for you in the main port. Main ports can be crowded and busy so this is perfect if you arrive in the appropriate time for check in (during 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm), when the gulet still has time to take off. You can also stay in this port and explore the town.
b) Gulet can be waiting for you on anchor near the main port. The car will bring you to the closest distance where the gulet is anchored. The crew will pick up your luggage and transfer you with a dinghy to a gulet. This is smooth, fun and fast and you avoid heavy crowds. But sometimes people do not like to jump around on a small dinghy (especially with a luggage).
c) Gulet can be waiting for you in a private marina. This is the smoothest and most comfortable way to embark a gulet. The transfer delivers you in front of the gulet. You step on the boat and your journey begins. Some gulets have this cost included in price – however most of the time you will have to make a small extra payment for this option.
Step no.3 – Warm Welcome on the gulet
You only get one chance at the first impression. And on good gulets with good crew they know this.
When you arrive ON BOARD, this is what you should see:
- Friendly smiling crew that greets you on board.
- Table properly set up with welcome drinks and some snacks available.
- Gulet prepared, cleaned and ready for your charter.
Step no.4 – Check in Procedure.
When you settle in and make yourself comfortable, the process is like this:
- Explanation of safety procedures and ship rules.
- Presentation of the crew.
- Accommodation to cabins.
- Final payments and paper work finalization.
- Short route plan for the next day.
This should be done in the fastest and most comfortable and fun way possible.
What to do in case of early arrivals?
Crew needs to prepare the gulet for your arrival. That is why most check ins on the gulet are possible after 4.00 pm.
If you arrive to the destination already in the morning, you have several options what to do till the check in time:
- We take care of your luggage and you are free to explore the town or do whatever you wish until the time to embark.
- We can organize for you one of many guided tours or land trips in the area, until the gulet is ready.
What to do in case of late arrivals?
If you arrive a bit early or at the normal time, the gulet can either set sails and take you to some nice bay or location near by, or you can stay in the port and explore the city.
If you arrive late, then the gulet will stay in the port where they are waiting for you.
If you arrive in the middle of the night at least a part of the crew will be waiting for you to accommodate you in your cabins.
The check in formalities, welcome drinks and other paper work is done the next day, before the gulet set sails to the first location.
Food and Charter payment that are yet to be paid must be done during the check in procedure and they have to be paid in cash.
Port taxes are paid at the end of the trip, according to where you cruised and what was the cost for marinas and harbors. All the invoices for taxes must be presented to the client.
When it comes to drinks, the payments are as follows:
- If client took an “All inclusive option” he has to pay for drinks during the check in procedure.
- If client will buy drinks from ships bar – he pays for the drinks at the end of the trip, according to how much he consumed.
- In case the client pays the corkage fee, this has to be paid at the start of the cruise also. In this case all drinks organization are to be done by clients.