When it comes to the presentation of gulet Dolin, you can not start with a technical description of the vessel. You have to start with the description of the owner of the gulet, Capt. Ivica Benić or how he is also saying Capt. John (Ivica in English means JOHN).
John spent his childhood in Australia, which enabled him to think a bit different than the others.
Because of that, he is also almost native in the English language (with very strong and cool Australian accent of course) and like most of the ozzies…he is super opened and easy going.
I must admit I cruised with this gulet a couple of years ago with my family so I am not totally objective…I cruised with several amazing super luxury gulets before, and DOLIN was actually not the gulet standard, which would amaze my wife, however, I must say I (we) all had the absolutely amazing time on board.
Here is the reason why:
1) the communication with Ivica and the rest of the crew was perfect. Ivica informed us every day where are we cruising and why and how long and the chef was also a funny guy who did wonders for us in the kitchen.
2) we have visited such and amazing bays and places, which I never visited before (and this was like my cruise no.10 in Croatia). Ivica took us to some super amazing places.
3) the friendly atmosphere on board of the gulet was superb.
Please find the short interview with Ivica below.
1) Can you describe what are the best things about your gulet?
the Gulet itself is a beautiful old timer – a Wooden Classic Cutter with cabins in Gulet design
During the rebuilt, we were taking care first of all in comfortable accommodation : plenty of space in the cabins with a lot of daylight & fresh air through large slide windows, space deck corridor 90 cm./ 2 people passing easy/, sundeck over 30 m2, home style toilette & water system / high pressure/, 200l. central heating boiler for hot water, 8 tons of fresh water, & a pro. large stove & oven for the chef, so he can make what ever he wants.
2) Why and how did you start gulet cruise business?
It was my life dream for over 30 years when boats were mostly for mass – tourism so instead of 20 persons in 10 cabins we have only 5 cabins
3) What did you learn is the most important thing for clients while on the cruise? What do you have to do to get 100% satisfaction from clients?
In some way we are planning the cruise together, looking at the weather conditions, & so they have a feeling like every bay & place was just for them
4) Does your gulet have something, which other gulets normally do not have? Do you have some special thing where you are different from the others?
Well, as it is not really an original Gulet, but a Wooden Classic Cutter, what I like to say: a boat that has its sole & history: as it was a passenger ship, the history is written among all of the passenger ships in the world: www.simplonpc co.Uk
5) For what kind of groups your gulet is most suitable and why?
Young couples (up to 40 years of age), we mostly had honeymoons,
Party groups, we were working as a base boat for The Yacht Week ( over 450 people around us on sailing boats )
We had all sorts of groups on board except older than 70 years.
6) What are your plans for the future?
With some good luck: full sails & 2 masts, looking like a 19th cent. yacht
7) Which info do you believe is super important for clients, and agencies forget to tell it?
Well hard to say, but I like to say as the boat is a 19th. cent type & there are so many legends stories all around the Adriatic:
Sail back to the 19th. cent. & welcome yourself to the spirit of the Med. , the Adriatic sea.
8) Which itinerary do you believe is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ONE, where clients see the best what Croatia has to offer? For the clients that have never been on Croatia before.
Tough question, there”s so much to show, so I’ll try to introduce the coast in 4 main routes :
1) ZADAR – TROGIR :
Zadar – only 2 hours to the NP – Kornati – 2 days, – Kaprije, – Krka waterfalls,
Primošten, Šolta, Stari Grad island Hvar, Bol – wine tasting in the first
Dalmatian wine association, – Milna – Napoleon’s promenade, – Trogir or instead of
the waterfalls visiting island Vis – Vis & Komiža, the blue cave & the green cave.
2) TROGIR – TROGIR :
TROGIR, – ŠOLTA. – VIS – KOMIŽA – HVAR – STARI GRAD – BOL – MILNA – TROGIR
3) TROGIR – DUBROVNIK :
TROGIR – MILNA – BOL – STARI GRAD – HVAR – KORČULA – NP MLJET – ŠIPAN – DUBROVNIK
4) ZADAR – ZADAR,
This is for people who like peace & quiet with only bays & villages.
Also, there are so many beautiful islands like PAG, RAB, LOŠINJ, CRES & KRK
For more info about the gulet, please check this link: GULET DOLIN!
Gulet Dolin Testimonials.
You can check owners site of this gulet on this link: http://www.guletcruisecroatia.net/
Read about my own experience I had when I spent a week on Gulet Dolin with my family.