Air condition on gulet cruise boats is a topic where you should have all the info how it works. Air condition on DELUXE gulets and air condition on STANDARD gulets is a different story. Here are the 3 things you should know about air condition on gulets.
You can see what is the luxury standard of gulet very fast if you check what is their air condition policy.
You have to know this!
Running air condition in cabins is possible only when
a) gulet is cruising and the engine is on!
b) the generator is working to power the air conditioner.
While the gulet is cruising most of the time you do not need air condition to be on. Air condition is needed when the gulet is in some nice bay and you wish to take afternoon siesta or in the evening when you wish to go to sleep into a nice cooled down cabin.
But generators do not run on water!
They run on fuel. And fuel costs money! (and this cost is not getting any smaller in the past years).
So if the gulet has air condition but you pay a very small fee for charter you can not expect for air condition to run 24/7 or even all night! The cost for that is too high.
THE PROCEDURE ON STANDARD GULETS WHEN IT COMES TO AIR CONDITION, DESCRIBED FORM GULET OWNER OWNER DIRECTLY!
– During the day since everybody is on deck, engaged in their daily activity we do not run the ac.
– We usually turn it on in the evening around 6-7 PM to cool down the cabins so that the guests have a comfortable night.
– If the gulet is on anchor in a bay, it is huge chance that there are going to be other vessels around you also. The generator which powers the AC is usually turn off at 10:00 PM so that other boats can enjoy peace and quiet and the they do the same thing also / gentleman”s agreement /.
– However if the gulet is in port which provides shore power, we can run the AC all night. In this case the clients will pay the amount on invoice stated provided by the power supplier in this port.
1) Air condition will around around 5 hours/day. Usually in the evening to cool down the cabins and in the morning when the sun is already up.
2) If you stay in port it can run all night. But sometimes you will have to pay some extra fee for this.
3) In the evening the generator is also off so that the noise does not bother other gulets that might be parked close to each other.
ON LUXURY GULETS!
Better gulets normally have generators and that are more quiet and they also cost more so the cost of fuel is not so super important. On Luxury gulets this is the reason that lots of times you have from 8 – 10 hours of air condition/night included.
BUT THIS IS NOT THE CASE ON ALL LUXURY GULETS!!! Lots of them also have 5 hours/day policy so you always have to double check this info with your agency.
ON DELUXE GULETS!
Most of the time you have form 12 – 24 hours/air condition/day included in price.
Always double check this info. The bottom line is that more expensive the gulet is more air condition is included in price.
The better the gulet the smaller the noise of air condition.
So what are the 3 main things you need to know about air condition on gulet cruise boats:
1) THE LENGTH OF AIR CONDITION INCLUDED IN PRICE DEPENDS ON THE QUALITY OF THE GULET!
You can also make an agreement in advance! If this is super important for you let us know in advance and we will inform you about how much is extra payment for more air condition included.
2) WHEN THE AIR CONDITION IS RUINING YOU CAN EXPECT SOME NOISE!
The air condition runs on generator and generators produce some noise. So it will not be possible to enjoy 100% peace and quiet while the air condition is running (unless if you are renting 25.000 € /week gulets for charter).
3) IF YOU STAY IN PORT MOST OF THE TIMES THE AIR CONDITION IS NOT A PROBLEM!
But then you will spend more for port taxes or the payments for electricity. And even if this case sometimes it can happen that in ports you experience some power problems.
If air condition is a MUST HAVE for you to run entire night you have to let us know about this in advance!
This means we have to find for you:
1) the gulet that has the best air condition policy and will not complicate about this!
2) the itinerary where you can spend more nights in nice ports where you will be able to run air condition all night long and also enjoy the time there.
3) the gulet with generator that is not the loudest in the World!
4) agree on all the details about this in advance!
Hope this answers your question about air condition. If you have more questions please let us know about them and we will be happy to answer them!