Sometimes it is not wise to look only to technical details and pictures about the gulets. It is better to see the mentality of a gulet owner, to see how he thinks and what he believes in.
Here is the nice little interview about the owner of gulet Mizana and gulet My Lover!
Both of this gulets are located in Marmaris and owner is from a village of Orhaniye which is truly amazing.Google it and you will know what I mean.
This village is located in Bozburum peninsula which is an even more special place. Town Bozburun especially. You have 200 houses there and every house has 1 or more gulets. So this is probably the only town in the World that has more gulets parked there than houses.
The gulet tradition is long and people are proud of what they do.
This is gulet Mizana:
This is Gulet My Lover:
This is the interview with the gulet owner.
Enter Mr. Mustafa! I did not correct any English (like mine English is perfect duuuuh :-)) so that you get the best idea about everything.
1) Can you describe what are the best things about your gulet?
Best thing about our Gulets, they are build for family and group cruises, to give them unforgettable holidays with their kids and friends in comfort.
2) Why and how did you start gulet cruise business?
Why we started Gulet business, cause the Gulets are traditional coastal cruising wooden boats of our Region, and our region has the best-sheltered bays of Mediterranean and Aegean seas, as a sailor this business could be the best job for us for a living.
3) What did you learn is the most important thing for clients while on a cruise? What do you have to do to get 100% satisfaction from clients?
We have learned from our guests, what they wish for while on their holiday, how they like to spend their life on board, which places they like to visit, so in the time we spend on cruising we had a lot of experiences from different cultures of the world people.
4) Does your gulet have something, which other gulets normally do not have? Do you have some special thing where you are different from the others?
The specialty of our Gulets, the crew are the owner and from family, so this makes the service better and gives more reliance to the guests, also our Gulets are maintenance by us in care, this means when the guests on board they will not have any technical problems on their holiday. all the crew are well trained and certificated to run the gulet business.
5) For what kind of groups your gulet is most suitable and why?
The suitable groups on board are families who have vacations with their kids.
6) What are your plans for the future?
My plans for the future, cruising all around Mediterranean and Aegean seas with my clients.
7) Which info do you believe is super important for clients, and agencies forget to tell it?
the most important info should be given to the clients, that they should let us know if they have any allergies and sickness.
8) Which itinerary do you believe is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ONE, where clients see the best what Turkey has to offer? For the clients that have never been to Turkey before.
From our experiences, we believe that most beautiful itinerary is (Carian coast) Datca peninsula, Bozburun peninsula, cause these places are cooler in July, August, September cause of the Meltemy wind which blows in the summer as Turkey is a warm Country, and Carian Coast has a turquoise color water.
The Lycian Coast is better to visit in May, June, September, October, this route is better who like to see ruins and historical places on their cruise cause Dalyan Caunos, Patara, Simena Cities are on this route.