Did you know Island Hvar was rated as one of the TOP 10 most beautiful islands in the World? This info alone is a good idea to make a gulet cruise around Hvar.
All the tips and tricks how you can do this in a best and most comfortable way with a gulet revealed in this post.
1) How to make a gulet cruise around Hvar?
– First of all, I will tell you what NOT TO DO, especially if you travel in HIGH SEASON! Do not tell the captain to take you to town Hvar harbor and park the gulet there! Unless you like to be parked as a ship no 9 in line between party animals group from Sweden and Australian backpackers that will cross your gulet every 5 minutes in order to go either on land or back to gulet. If you like to cross 8 more ships and spend 1 hour of your time (and also risk your life doing it by the way) then this is, of course, a great idea! If this does not sound as something that you might like avoid staying in main Hvar port.
– One more thing why it is not a good idea to spend the night in a harbor with the gulet. There are several bars close to the harbor and if you wish to sleep during the night you will not like it there. If you are a party group, then it is of course okey.
– Go to Pakleni Islands! They are super close to Hvar harbor, protected and very nice. You can take a water taxi to take you to land or the owner can take you with a tender. It is a 15 minutes fun drive you avoid the crowds, check the town and then when you have enough of it – you go back to your nice gulet.
– Another great idea is to go to Starigrad (another town on Island Hvar), which is much easier going. From there you can take a taxi and in very short time you are in town Hvar.
Island Hvar has much more to it then just main Town – Hvar (yes main town and entire island have the same name). You also can check Starigrad, Jelsa, Zavala village,…
If this is the first time you are coming to Cruise Croatia then I would for sure recommend you to check out Island Hvar.
2) What the best combinations to visit Island Hvar with a gulet are?
a) You can do it via cabin charter Croatia gulet cruises. You rent a cabin and visit Hvar like this!
b) You can charter one of the gulets for charter and take the entire group and visit Hvar like this.
c) You can spend your holidays in Split and take Jadrolinija Ferry and visit the island like this.
3) More info about Hvar in general!
You will get very nice information about Hvar on Lonely planet site: http://www.lonelyplanet.com/croatia/dalmatia/hvar-island
You can go even more into details on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hvar
If you would like to visit Hvar with a gulet contact us and we will be happy to advise you.