Get Away From It All. Enjoy to the Max. Relax. Fill the Batteries.
How does it work?
- Captain takes you to an amazing bay and anchors there.
- The bay is protected, safe and nice.
- You spend the night there – away from it all.
- You can sleep in a cabin – or if you wish you can also spend the night on deck – under the stars.
This is one of the best experiences on your cruise and you should do it at least 2 times – no matter how much you like to go out of the gulet and explore.
Why this is so special? 6 reasons why you should give it a try.
- If the night is special it feels like your gulet is floating on air. It is magical.
- Away from towns, stars shine brighter and nicer.
- Having a drink after a nice dinner with nobody around gives you a true VIP feeling.
- If you are brave – you can have a midnight swim (no swimming suit required :-))
- In just 1 evening like this you can fill your batteries for the entire year in front of you.
- Some of the best private parties happened in isolated bays with your best friends only.
Dinners on anchor in bays.
All day of swimming, sunbathing and action can make you tired.
When the sun goes down, you take a shower, put on clothes where you feel comfortable and arrive on deck, when the table it ready for you.
The entire dinner process, food, ambient, company – it is just magical.
Gulet cruise dinners can sometimes take several hours. Truly a special experience.
(if you only booked half board – notice this to your captain on the previous day and have an extra dinner on a gulet in bay. Prices are around 25 – 35 €/person/dinner)
Air Condition while staying on anchor – Noise Factor.
In order for the air condition to run you need a generator. Generators make a bit of noise. When you stay on anchor there is a huge difference between hearing a little noise – or no noise at all.
The best practice is to run the air condition till maximum 11 pm or 12 pm to cool down the cabins and then pulling the plug, so that you can truly relax and enjoy and only listen to the sound of waves.
If the night is super hot, then air condition is still a better option then some noise, however if there are other gulets in the bay, there is usually a gentleman’s agreement between them to keep the noise down.
Air Condition while staying on anchor – Costs Factor.
Generators run on fuel. And fuel is not cheap.
That is why most of 3 and 4 stars gulets have around 5 or 6 hours or air condition per night included in price.
Nobody is really checking the watch, but there is a limit.